Welcome to Writing for Peace!
Writing for Peace is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Our mission is to cultivate empathy through education and creative writing in order to develop a foundation of compassion on which to build a more peaceful world. We hope to inspire and guide young writers to refine their craft and consider the many ways their writing can bring us closer to nonviolent conflict resolution, a society that values human rights, as well as environmental and economic sustainability.
Writing for Peace offers:
- Annual Young Writers’ Contest
- DoveTales, An International Journal of the Arts
- Annual Youth Summit
- Peace Journalism
- Role Models, Our Advisory Panel members offer regular blog posts
- Recommended Reading
- Writing Craft Tips
- Periodic Readings and Events
- Links to other relevant programs, resources, and inspiration
Copyright © 2015/2018 Writing for Peace. All rights reserved.